Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Color Trends for 2015

I saw this article the other day on Twitter and was so inspired. ElleDecor and House Beautiful took a look at color trends for 2015 and their finds were just too good not to share. Basically, gray is still the hottest neutral around, pops of color are still encouraged, and jewel tones are making a big come back. Deep blues, ruby, olive green, plum - these luxurious colors will be everywhere.

 via

Don't these rooms all look so grand, yet cozy? Layne has been warning me for years that I have a love affair with jewel tones that he is not into, so I may not really be able to indulge in this trend. I firmly believe the house is as much his as mine, so if he doesn't like a design decision then it needs to be switched. But I'm still swooning over the richness and warmth! 

Would you decorate with jewel tones? What do you think of these colors for 2015?

6 comments:

  1. i think jewel tones are so pretty and rich, but I'm not sure I could pull off some of the luxe looks! The second dining room is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely a lot to take. I feel like you'd have to pretty much convert your whole house to jewel tones, or else one space would just overpower all the others!

      Delete
  2. love jewel tones...i would absolutely love to have a navy bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT. And then share the pictures. I can't paint my apartment and must live vicariously.

      Delete
  3. i'd soo decorate with jewel tones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you should - get ahead of the trend and start now. :)

      Delete

01 09 10