Friday, December 9, 2011

We're Here! Now What?

As crazy as getting here was, that wasn't the end of it. Once we were here, we had a week with the truck to find a place to live. In this time, I began my internship. This left Layne to scout out the places we found online. Some of them were good, some of them were scary, and one of them was great.

After finally signing a contract, and facing a fantastic late charge on the truck, we moved in one Tuesday night after work. Someone was moving out at the same time even though we had reserved the freight elevator, and the leasing office hadn't programmed our fob correctly so we couldn't get to our floor. We had overlooked renting a dolly, and I was stuck in my restricting work clothes. We finally wrapped it up with the help of Jace around midnight, and were so exhausted that we didn't even put the bed together before passing out.

I had work the next morning and it was horrible.

I unpacked within the first week and we began to settle in. Layne was interviewing all over the place and started three or four different new jobs within the first three months. He finally landed the one he wanted and is now working at Accenture. I interned my little heart out and have managed to just hold on to a position at the same company after my internship ended, though my future at the company is still a little uncertain. I guess we're still figuring it out, but we're happy. What else really matters?

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know your husband was working for Accenture. We know a few people in our ward (and a friend) that works for them. It seems like a good place to work!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10