Monday, September 15, 2014

Back in Business!

So... I pretty much disappeared there for a few weeks. But, I'm not going to make an excuse. I hate when people go on and on about how busy they are, as if they somehow have fewer hours in the day than the rest of us. We are all busy. We all have a lot going on that we have to juggle and find a way to prioritize and get done what we can. Over the past few weeks, I have had more to get done than I usually do, and at the end of the day my priority was to relax (aka - binge watch Netflix and turn off my brain). So, the blog kind of fell by the wayside.

Instead, my focus has been on work. Last week was my big event. THE big event. The event that my every action at work this past year has been focused on and building to. And I couldn't be more thrilled with how it went! It was surreal, and rushed, and over before I even had a second to catch my breath. Overall, I just kept pinching myself that I was involved in an event of this caliber.

For those that don't know, I work in intelligent transportation. It was a new industry for me this year, and it has been incredibly welcoming. It's a niche group of people that are dedicating their lives to making transportation safer, more efficient, more connected, and more environmentally-friendly. By now, you probably have heard of autonomous or connected vehicles  - those are my guys! But they're also doing incredible things with traffic and weather monitoring, parking, traffic lights, emergency response, and connecting with your cell phones to make getting around easier. It is mind-blowing and I'm incredibly proud to be able to help in telling their stories.

If you have any interest in experiencing the magic that is the future automobile, I'd recommend googling "ITS World Congress" or visiting the YouTube page.

I'll be back later this week with normal content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10