Saturday, October 12, 2013

What do you do?

source

When you're young, they make it sound so easy. They boil it down to three simple words: Choose The Right. They inscribe those three little letters on an adjustable ring that will turn your finger green and leave an even longer lasting impression on your mind. It's a lifeline when you're lost. So deeply a part of you that no matter the question, it is the first answer that comes to mind.

But when you grow up, some things aren't as clean cut. Not everything is right and wrong, black and white. There is a lot of gray. And right now I'm standing in a silver, paralyzing fog.

I'm in this situation - I don't really want to get into the details - but this crazy situation that I can't seem to make heads nor tails of. There is no right. A lot of wrong has been done. But how do I make it right from here? Fight for justice, or turn the other cheek? Do I keep pushing for others who may be put in a similar tight spot somewhere down the line, or do I take the paltry penance that has been offered and begin to pull myself back together? When you have been so deeply wronged, what do you do? What is right?

All I know at this point is that I need to be able to look myself in the eye at the end of this, integrity in tact. I need peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10