Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Honeymoon Stage (and other such nonsense) Part I

Our wedding was OUTRAGEOUS! I don't know about you, but I feel like I go to weddings, and I'm happy for the happy couple and after my fifteen second "congratulations!" there's a lot of standing around and trying to sneak inconspicuous glances at my watch. But our wedding was NOTHING like that. It may have had something to do with the fact that I knew almost everyone there... but I think it really had a lot more to do with the dance floor.

I'm not even a dancer, but MAN! People seriously went crazy out there. My best friend's little sister broke it down with one of Layne's old mission companions, my father-in-law boogied with my brother-in-law's horrible then-girlfriend, even Grandma Bonnie got out there and cut a rug. (Pictures soon to follow, but I seem to have misplaced our wedding photo discs... um, really hope this doesn't become a long-term problem!)

It was a gorgeous outdoor wedding which kept everyone light and relaxed. The mid-September sun shone down with the last few warming rays of summer and as the sunset burst over the horizon, I just kept thinking how perfect it all was. Seriously. I give all the credit to my mom and mother-in-law, and am so grateful that I relied on them. It kept me from obsessing over details and allowed me to just enjoy the single most beautiful day of my life - to date at least.

Layne and I then drove up to the Stein Eriksen Lodge and had a three-day Mini Moon. With it already being the middle of September, we just couldn't get away from school for longer. The first day we feasted at their brunch buffet and I cannot recommend anything higher. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! We went back to our room and slipped into food commas, and couldn't eat for the rest of the day! We spent most of our time walking around Park City, popping into the little shops on Main Street, and eating as much food as we possibly could. A delicious week.

After pigging out and relaxing to our heart's content, we went back to Provo and thus ended the happiest seven months of my entire life as I crashed back into reality a married woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10