Thursday, July 9, 2015

Something's Missing... Foyer Edition

I shared my front porch and foyer earlier this week on the blog. But, as is every room in my apartment, it's a work in progress. There are a few things I know that are missing and I'm leaning toward DIY...

The first very obvious thing that is missing is a coat rack of any kind. There is a coat closet up in the main part of the apartment, but who wants to trek all the way to the back of the apartment to hang up their coat? It hasn't been an issue for us yet since we moved in the spring, but I know how tiring it will get in the winter. 

I like the idea of these simple paint dipped ones from Nellie Bellie. And, I could make a lot for very little $$$.

These faceted wall hooks are to die for, but I don't have all the tools I'd need for them... Boo.

And this modern coat rack - made of just concrete and broomsticks - definitely caught my eye!

Although this coat rack made me stop and stare...But it does take up more floor real estate, which I don't have a lot of in this space.

If I did decide to buy rather than DIY, I'm in love with these coat hooks from CB2.

Or, the way Cup of Jo used the Fintorp IKEA system is another great option and would totally work for us.

I also have some ideas for art on that big blank wall that faces the door and am thinking of some better options for where to put our shoes... stay tuned!

***All of the DIY options are pinned from the original source over on my Crafternoons Pinterest board, and the options for purchase are on my New Apartment board. Please pin from original source. You may also to get a sneak peek at some of my upcoming project ideas! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10