Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Dream Vacation {Blogtober14}

Before I launch into today's Blogtober post, I need to apologize for my disappearance!  I was in between jobs for a few weeks ( finally started the new one on Thursday!) and without my usual schedule, I pretty much let things fall apart. But, no, for real it felt really nice to just downshift and turn off everything and reeeeeeeelaaaaaax. I haven't been able to unplug to that extent and for so long since... probably, 15 years old? Before I got my first job? It felt incredible to have no schedule and no responsibilities whatsoever, and I took full advantage of it.

I had planned on participating in #Blogtober14, and realized I have yet to post a single time in October (oops). I will share my journeys into temporary unemployment shortly, but for now let's just get into the main event.

I don't think I could ever travel enough! It felt impossible to settle on just one dream vacation, so I didn't.

A. Beach Vacation
Laying on the beach, skin being warmed by the sun. Tropical (virgin) cocktail in one hand, and a good book in the other. Quiet and simple, but somewhere that is still fun and we could go exploring. If we're talking dream, I'm saying private beach, maybe an all-inclusive resort with a spa.




B. European Vacation
No holds barred. I would looooove to take about two months, maybe three, and just see (and eat) everything. Stay in a city for a few days, a week, and then move onto the next one. We would go all over Italy, France, Greece, the U.K., Ireland, Spain, spend a little time in Germany, Belgium, Austria, and maybe a day or two in a few other cities, you know, just sprinkled in there. I am quickly seeing that this would definitely be a three month trip, and I am perfectly ok with that.


3 comments:

  1. I love beach vacations, but I find when I get there, I can never relax! Europe is totally on my radar; love your collage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A definite yes to travelling around Europe - I want to do the same for sure! I guess I'm quite lucky because I'm already there, but still so many places I'd like to go! Beach holiday sounds pretty good too ;)
    http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want both of those vacations so bad! I fell in love with Kauai this last year -- Justin and I literally just picked a new beach everyday and sat our butts down and read, napped, did some snorkeling etc. It was magic! We are planning a South American Vacation this summer hopefully and there is a large part of me that just wants to go back to Kauai and decompress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10