Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It was Kind of, Almost Love at First Sight

Layne and I met four years ago today.

Ah... what bliss.

I was just getting out of a relationship that was horribly and completely wrong for me, a fact I was largely oblivious to at the time. I was so caught up on my ex that when Layne started talking to me, I completely and rudely ignored him.

Admittedly, I was taken aback by the handsome, preppy guy in the Cougar Eat whose first words to me were "Hey, you're attractive." But having been recently heartbroken, I was in no rush to start handing out the fractured pieces.

Still, I hung around, talking to mutual friends while Layne's more and more outrageous comments steadily intrigued me as I steadfastly blocked out his every attempt to get to know me. He was not deterred in the least. The confidence on this guy was off the charts! And confidence is reeeeeaaaaallly sexy, no matter how gun shy you might be in the romance department. So when he asked for my number, I doled it out with minute hesitation.

I had no idea what I was getting myself in to.

(Stay tuned for details on our first date...)

1 comment:

  1. I feel like it was yesterday you were telling me all this. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10