Monday, September 9, 2013

Good-bye Summer, Hello Monday!

This weekend was a perfect farewell to summer if there ever was one. Yet it is still so hard to wake up Monday morning and leave the slow, ambling ease of hot, humid D.C. summer days behind. Uggghhhhhh…

Can’t I just go back to bed?

The weather was beautiful all weekend – no humidity and in the 70s! If this is September, sign me up. I’ll let go of summer if my hair can remain straight and smooth after I flat iron it! Since it was so nice, we took a bike ride. We headed down the Mt. Vernon trail and I should have taken pictures of the harbor. #BloggerFail It was beautiful and green in that lush, Virginia way.  Sure, we were both a touch saddle sore afterward, but the view across the water and the beautiful marshes more than made up for it.

Layne and Emma having a blast at King's Dominion.
We also headed down to King’s Dominion this weekend for Layne’s Employee Appreciation Day. I love roller coasters, so I was all in on this plan. We had Amy, Andrew, and Emma tag along and it was SO. MUCH. FUN! I wasn’t sure how to do an amusement park with a baby, but with the parent swap system and the world’s most even keel infant, it was a breeze! The only downside was waking up the next morning and realizing that at the old age of 23, I’m just not as young as I used to be. My body can’t be rattled around that much without being a little achy afterward!

So even though we’re a little worse for the wear as we begin our week, we must press on. The Redskins play tonight and I am slowly relenting and letting my excitement for the autumn season mount. Football season has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10