Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Let's Talk Turkey.


Due to my extremely busy schedule (read:laziness) I haven't posted yet on Thanksgiving. And while I know most of you have moved on to Christmas, I have to recap what an amazing Thanksgiving I had.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For the second year, we drove up to Boston to spend time with my brother-in-law James, his wife Marne, and their three little munchkins Olivia, Bowen, and Jane. With four chefs, we divided up the cooking and all agreed it was the absolute easiest Thanksgiving we had ever experienced. And everything was delicious! I'll spare you the blow-by-blow, but highlights included the free range organic turkey, cornbread, stuffing, and Layne's bacon wrapped shrimp. 









We also ran a 5k the morning of Thanksgiving. And by ran, I mean I walked and Layne ran the whole thing! He seriously damaged his ankle and has been limping around ever since, but he killed his previous best. I am SO proud! 


On the way home, we stopped in NYC. It was a quick trip since Layne was on crutches, but so much fun! We hit up Santaland in Macy's and checked out a lot of store windows. We went to "Peter Pan and the Starcatcher" - super cute. We also hit up Junior's for cheesecake again, and stopped in the Italian District where we picked up a cannoli and some some other special treats. In all, we bought dessert from three separate places. #fatties


(But isn't getting fat the whole point of Thanksgiving?)

1 comment:

  1. Meghan, I love your blog! Remember when we were both such slackers in school? I feel like we shared a special bond by being the laziest.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10